Mid-Level Java Developer
We are searching for a mid-level Full Stack Java Developer that will assist the lead database developer. The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction of complex database driven applications using current Microsoft technologies in an Agile environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the conceptual design development, ensuring that the solution is viable and designed appropriately to solve the business case
- Provide support for the facilitation and review of estimates, development and deployment plans for all capabilities participating in the release
- Assist more senior developers with providing/coordinating estimates for the development components required for the solution and overseeing design efforts across capabilities/systems
- Provide support to project managers to ensure design/build activities remain within project schedule/budget
- Act as a technical advisor to the project manager, QA lead and/or business
- Facilitate escalation and resolution of technical issues during the development of the solutions
- Maintain technical solution diagrams and models
- Strong Academic background including a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology is required
- 3+ years experience developing n-tier Java web applications in a professional environment
- Possess creative problem solving, intuition and troubleshooting skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; enthusiastic about engaging with clients and team members to discuss technical best practices
- Passionate for emerging technology trends, such as open source tools and cloud services, and a desire to stay current and adopt new technologies
- Experience in test automation, test-driven development and Agile/Scrum development.
- Ability to recognize and mitigate technical risks to ensure successful delivery of a project
- Experience producing well-designed and efficient applications while also explaining complex technical information to client stakeholders and development teams
- Experience in Agile and Scrum Methodologies