Applications Analyst Job Description
Core Consulting is seeking an experienced Applications Analyst for a full time, direct hire opportunity in the Richmond, VA area. The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with staff and its clients in a diverse and dynamic community. For more information, please e-mail Christine Roberts at CRoberts@coremgmt.com.
The Application Analyst is responsible for optimizing the value of the company’s application investments. The position maintains a complete understanding of the current software portfolio and business processes to provide support to end-users. This individual fields and prioritizes by urgency help desk tickets from staff and its clients.
- Maintain confidentiality and compliance in all activities.
- Prioritize requests, schedule, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects.
- Maintain Application Inventory data and apply enterprise architecture concepts to ensure interoperability and minimize overlap and manual processes.
- Develop or maintain various training materials and instruction for end-user application software.
- Assist end-users with functionality questions and work with vendors to resolve issues.
- Document common end-user questions to the IT Knowledge Base.
- Maintain secure access and configuration data and routinely monitor interface functionality of mission critical systems such as Fullcount POS, Worxhub, Caremerge, and Vision EMR.
- Maintain system access and configuration data for Avaya telephone system, SARA life/safety system, Windows file shares, Active Directory, Office 365, etc.
- Ability to learn new software and hardware packages; adapt to change in technology; work independently and as a team member.
- 3 years experience supporting applications and/or desktop computing needs.
- Associates degree in information technology or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Able to work a rotating on-call schedule.
- Healthcare IT experience is a plus.