Data Analyst Job Description
Core Consulting is seeking a Jr-Mid Level Data Analyst for a full time, direct hire opportunity in the Richmond, VA area. The Data Analyst supports the Data Analytics team in the development, design and implementation of automated reports and dashboards across internal and external reporting and insights platforms primarily with Tableau and Microsoft Power BI. For more information, please contact Eunice Morrison at EMorrison@coremgmt.com
- Synthesize and translate internal and external business data needs into the development and implementation of creative, enticing, clear and effective solutions with BI tools like Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- Work and partner with internal stakeholders to develop reports or address data access and visualization needs.
- Liaise with BI Warehousing, Engineering, and Data Management teams to define and implement necessary data sets to fuel data access and visualization requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
- Perform data analysis, data profiling, SQL coding/query tuning, data modeling, and data validation.
- Perform and document data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design, by accessing multiple data resources residing in data warehouses and transactional data environments/sources.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field of study (Business, Math, Economics, Financial, Statistics, Science, Engineering).
- 1 year experience with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server Solutions or Tableau Software Certified.
- 1 year experience in a project-centric environment or cross-department teams.
- 1 year experience in corporate analysis.
- Proven track record of designing creative and appealing visuals, reports, and dashboards.
- strong in Microsoft SQL query creation and tuning (table joins, calculations, aggregations, etc).