SQL Database Developer Job Description
SQL Database Developer
Core Consulting is searching for qualified SQL Database Developers to fill contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. We are searching for detail-oriented candidates possessing strong leadership and communication skills to work with technical and business customers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Design and implement new BI / reporting solutions as per requirements gathered with business stakeholders
- Resource will be supporting Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse.
- General production support including SQL querying databases, SQL Server Integration Services, creating reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services report creation running recurring reports, etc…
- Develops and executes SQL scripts to resolve production issues and create reports
- Data Investigation and reporting – Extracts data from operational systems and reporting databases using a variety of tools, including SSIS. Ability to understand and identify relationships within the data and between databases, understands requirements of the customer, and the location of required data. Validates accuracy of the results and able to provide meaningful insights.
- Answers developer and end user questions through the development life cycle
- Completes functional testing on assigned projects
- Work Management – Manages multiple tasks, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Communicates status clearly and timely to management and other team members. Provides accurate time reporting and reasonable estimates for work efforts.
- Documentation of methods, business requirements, SQL coding, and reporting criteria to a level consistent with departmental standards
- Strong experience working with SQL servers and relational database systems.
Mandatory skills/experience required (i.e., customer service, communication, analytical, computer, etc.):
- Strong skills in T-SQL development (stored procedures, functions etc…)
· 5+ Years of SQL / T-SQL
· 3+ years SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
· 2+ years Testing and Data QualityOptional Requirements
- Insurance Knowledge
Updated: September 20, 2017