Sr. .Net Database Developer Job Description
Sr. .Net Database Developer
We are looking for a Senior .NET Database Developer who will perform the role of a lead database developer for a major re-platforming effort. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the construction of complex database driven applications using current Microsoft technologies, such as, .NET Core, EF Core and SQL Server. The candidate will work in a team of 5-7 developers in an Agile environment. The candidate will act as the lead analyst and designer of database objects, tables, data models, stored procedures, views, triggers, etc. The candidate will be expected to provide technical leadership and mentoring to other staff on the team.
- 5+ years .NET Full-stack development (SQL Server)
- 1+ years .NET Core, Visual Studio 2016/2017 MS SQL Server 2014 or later. Azure SQL DB preferred
- 3+ years advanced SQL Server designing and developing objects, tables, data models, stored procedures, scripting, views, triggers, etc.
- Experience in SOAP/REST APIs, Open API/Swagger preferred
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Providing database support for development and deployment of database scripts in Development, Test, Pre-Production and Production environments
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users
- Experience in ER diagrams
- Understanding of code versioning tools and CI/CD tools like VSTS, Jenkins
- Experience using work item management tools like TFS, VSTS, or JIRA
- Understanding of Microsoft Unit Testing Framework, Selenium Web Driver
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
Updated: July 11, 2018