Sr Systems Administrator Job Description
Sr Systems Administrator
Core Consulting is seeking an experienced Sr Systems Administrator for a full time, direct hire opportunity in the Richmond, VA area. The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with multiple departments, staff, and residence in a diverse and dynamic environment. For more information, please e-mail Christine Roberts at CRoberts@coremgmt.com.
- Periodically evaluate AS-IS state and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor software end-of-life schedules and maintain plans for upgrades or replacement.
- Manage licensing for systems software (Windows servers, VMWare, firewalls, switches, SQL Server, Exchange, Sharepoint, etc.).
- Manage hardware inventory and replacement/upgrade schedules.
- Build/Configure, maintain, upgrade, document, and patch all servers, end-user devices, network storage devices, backup systems, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless network devices.
- Routinely audit Active Directory user and group accounts, MS Exchange accounts, folder permissions, and login activity.
- Work closely with external IT audit firm and utilize audit results to determine priorities.
- Backup and Recovery solution configuration, management, monitoring, and testing.
- 5 years experience building, maintaining, and monitoring Microsoft Windows servers and clients (Server 2012, 2016, Windows 10 clients). Experience building, maintaining, and monitoring VMWare VMs (preferably on VXRail), Office 365 and Azure Cloud administration, Azure Site Recovery, Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL Server, and Sharepoint.
- 5 years experience building, supporting, and documenting local area networks required (firewalls, switches, routers, wireless, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP)/ OSI model.
- Strong working knowledge of system and network security.
- Healthcare IT experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and technical training/certification (MCSE or MCSA) preferred.
- Security certifications (Comptia Security+, SCCP, CISSP, or HCISPP) preferred.