Workday Systems Analyst Job Description
Workday Systems Analyst
Core Consulting is seeking an experienced Workday Systems Analyst for a full time, direct hire position in the Richmond, VA area. The Workday Systems Analyst will provide technical, analytical, system development, & system maintenance support of the company enterprise resource planning system. The right candidate will play a role in enabling thoughtful processes & solutions that drive efficiency for the functional areas. The individual will articipate in all phases of the ERP system including requirement gathering & analysis, functional & technical design, report writing, security administration, testing, deployment, & post-implementation support.
- Application Administration: Provides support for business areas by investigating and resolving problems or providing recommendations on resolutions with Workday and/or issues with business processes and integrations plus recommendations of alternate solutions. Troubleshoots and resolves system issues. Translates ambiguous business problems into recommended concrete technology solutions. Performs system administration, configuration and design of Workday, and collaborates with other internal/external resources to accomplish required activities. Offers technical solutions to gain process efficiency and improve data integrity. Collaborates on related integrations including the management of current integrations as well as the development and implementation of future integrations.
- Functional Support & Continuous Improvement Releases: Collaborates with business units to streamline processes and promote user adoption using Workday. Supports business owners regarding enhancements, inquiries, errors, and data issues. Partners with Business Units when need to assist in design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of Workday Dashboards, worklets, advanced and shared reports using Workday delivered tools. Assists team members and system users with issues by investigating problems and resolving or providing detailed recommendations on resolutions. Gathers, builds, tests, and documents requirements for enhancements and projects.
- Manage Workday, Inc Releases: Responsible for evaluating Workday, Inc weekly, monthly, and semi-annual releases including identifying requirements, modifying configurations, testing, deployment, and communication as appropriate. Supports mass change data imports using Workday EIB’s for all functional areas of Workday.
- Advanced Security Administration: Provides security administration support for all business areas including researching & resolving issues with role-based assignments and creating custom security groups to enable business process and reporting access to cross-functional users. Leads design, configuration, workflow, testing, training, auditing, implementation, and administration of Workday basic and advanced security. Performs security impact analysis for change requests and Workday, Inc release upgrades. Recommends best security practices and solutions to support end to end business processes and reporting requirements. Maintains data integrity and security of the Workday system by running periodic audit reports, analyzing system usage metrics and maintain role and user-based security groups, reviewing and revising Workday system security policies and security groups.
- Advanced Reporting: Creates, modifies, & supports a variety of standard and advanced reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Prepares regularly scheduled reports and ad-hoc reporting as needed. Provides report writers with guidance, instructions, or documentation. Ensures accuracy of data through routine data audits & validation.
- 2-3 years experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Finance and/ HCM experience preferred
- Experience working with Workday business processes and security
- Experience in reporting writing, integration, & system administration preferred